Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fruitcake aka Christmas cake

December 14 - Fruitcake – Friend or Foe?

Did you like fruitcake? Did your family receive fruitcakes? Have you ever re-gifted fruitcake? Have you ever devised creative uses for fruitcake?

Fruitcake is a foe for me. It just doesn't appeal. Our family received fruitcakes and my mother made some but I didn't eat them.

If I were to receive any, I would graciously say thank you. I would likely offer the fruitcake for the coffee hour after church or I'd make my brown sugar sauce and warm the cake up and eat it like a pudding.
This posting is part of the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Thomas MacEntee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.