Tuesday, January 23, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: #3 Longevity

Sometimes  you wonder who in your family tree lived to 100 years or more. Did many live beyond 90? Did many die as children? 

Using Brother's Keeper, I did the Lifespan report. I did not include spouses of my relations in the tally.


This one shows the Females in the database that fit the criteria. 

This one shows the Males in the database that fit the criteria. 

The woman in my database that lived the longest was my Aunt Ivy Iles.   She was my dad's older sister died at almost 102 years. Ivy Ella (1906-2008) had a grand celebration for her 100th birthday  in 2006. My sister and I attended. She didn't recognize many of us who were there but she knew it was her special day. 



She married Frank Banks in 1928. She raised a large family. Her husband died in 1990 after having been married 60 years. Ivy was 10 years older than my father and outlived him by 18 years. She and my dad were the short ones in the family.

 She had eight children and was grandma to 21 and great-grandma to 24. They lived in Hanover for many years before moving to Lindsay, Ontario. 

Ivy always had a twinkle in her eye. I always enjoyed seeing her at family reunions.

The oldest male was James Edward Johnston
Local News, Manitoulin Expositor, November 19, 1986
 Mindemoya Highlights
Word was received of the death of Ed Johnston in Alberta. He had celebrated his one hundred and second birthday and was an uncle of Willis and Elwood Sloss and Harvey and Frank Haner. 
[found on Manitoulin Roots on Rootsweb - currently not available] 

He was born on Manitoulin Island but moved west. He lived in Turrin, Alberta. According to my mother's sister, he had six children but I know nothing about them or his wife. 



© 2018 Janet Iles Print

2 comments:

  1. I love the graphs. I'll have to create some for my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill for visiting my blog and commenting. I like we you can have a visual to see the stats.

      Delete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.