Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The importance of story

Last week, the Rootstech conference took place in Salt Lake City. Unfortunately, I wasn't there. Fortunately, some of the presentations were live streamed. I watched those from Thursday and Friday but I am waiting for the Saturday sessions to be made available as I had a conflict and I wasn't available to watch the live streaming.


The key point that I felt that was made in those that I watched was the importance of story: our story plus those of our ancestors. How can we use technology to discover them and share them.

Last Saturday afternoon, I attended the meeting of the Bruce Grey Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society held at the Bruce County Museum. We were reminded of the family story contest. The Rootstech presentations are inspirational so what story could I tell?

One of the rules is that it can't be a previously published work. My blog postings are considered published but I think I have an idea for a story that I haven't told before, although elements of it would have been posted. I will think about it. If I don't submit it for the contest, I will still write it up. I will let you know.
© 2013 Janet Iles Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.