Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - How Many Surnames

Randy Seaver has asked about the surnames in our Genealogical Managment Program. I use Brother's Keeper for my own research. I did the surname report and requested that it be put in order from the greatest number of surnames to least.

The top one was Smith 259
Stiver 242
Johnston 226
Helmkay 185
Archibald 135
Iles 130
Hemingway113
Hagerman 113
Williamson 107
Love 98

Except for Smith which is both on my maternal and paternal side and Iles on my paternal side, all the rest I believe are from my maternal side.
© 2011 Janet Iles Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.