Monday, August 15, 2011

I need help determining John A. Thompson's military service

Click on the photo to enlarge.
The above is an excerpt from the attestation paper for John A. Thompson. He is one of the men in my research project. I am having difficulty determining all of his military service. What did he do for two years? I first thought it was KCK but that doesn't make sense and I have not found anything that would match. It is likely R for Royal and C and then ?. What is this an acronym for?

The book is almost ready to go to print and it would be wonderful to have the needed information.
© 2011 Janet Iles Print


  1. Janet,
    "RCR" stands for Royal Canadian Regiment. Read all about it right here:

    It is a different organization from a similarly named military unit, The Royal Regiment of Canada.

  2. Janet, no doubt it is the RCR (Royal Canadian Regiment) My hubby is a huge military buff (as am I) and my one son is in the Canadian military so if we can help with anything else give us a shout

    Lorine (PS have you seen my website The Canadian Military Heritage Project at


Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.