Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun

 The challenge for tonight from Randy

What are your own d'Aboville numbers for your four lines of your grandparents (starting with the first known person in the paternal line)?  Your genealogy software program may be able to help you with this [Family tree Maker 2011, RootsMagic 4 and Legacy Family Tree 7 can, but Family Tree Maker 16 and earlier cannot].

If I have figured this right mine are:
From Richard Iles 1.1.7.2.6.2
From Josiah Dudley 1.4.6.2
From Thomas Love 1.3.5.5.2
From James Johnston 1.1.2.5.5.2

I used Brother's Keeper to figure this out. 
I created a Descendant Report - Indented Report. In the options I chose Henry - Brother's Keeper gives several options for Henry. The first one for them is actually the d'Aboville number format.

For my Stiver files, I put the documents in the binders according to this number. 

© 2010 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.