Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday night genealogy fun - Why I do genealogy.

 Well, it is not quite Saturday night but I am going to accept the challenge Randy Seaver is giving us today. "Why do you do genealogy?"

I am curious. Who were my ancestors? Where did they live? What did they do for a living? What were the highlights and low moments in their lives?
I honour them by telling their stories.
It gives me a connection to the past. It makes history more interesting.
I enjoy the research. It is also good for the mind. I think that is one of the reasons I do research for others.
I am also finding that I get great satisfaction in writing the stories and sharing the information.
I have made some great friends with others who do genealogy and I have met a few distant cousins along the way.
Genealogy is more fun than housework.


© 2010 Janet Iles

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that genealogy is much more fun than housework!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.