Saturday, February 27, 2010

2010 Winter Games Final Wrap-up

 It has been fun trying out some new to me resources during the Winter Games. I was pleased with what I accomplished considering current projects that have deadlines and taking time to watch the Olympics. The  Olympics have been great - lots of excitement. The television coverage has been great. I have enjoyed the extras - the background information.

Okay now my tally.  (I realize I am late as this was to be done last night.)
1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources! - didn't enter
2. Back up your Data.  - didn't enter but I did buy an external hard drive.
3. Organize your Research! - actually as I got working on my presentation - things became more disorganized, but previous organization helped me find things.
4. Expand Your Knowledge
A - Used Google Maps to plot where George Iles lived in England.
B. Created a timeline with TimeToast
E. Created a surname visualization using Wordie

3 tasks completed - Gold

5. Write, Write, Write
A. - Write a Summary of my blog = created a page
B. Paricipated in a blog carnival
C. Prepared several posts in draft mode and pre-publish
E. Created a surname page on my blog
F. Participated in a 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy

I completed 5 tasks to earn a Platinum Medal.
6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness! - didn't participate

I am pleased with my 1 Gold and 1 Platinum Medals.

Congratulations to all that worked on the challenges. Thank you to all the cheerleaders.


© 2010 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.