Sunday, February 14, 2010

2009 iGene Awards Nominations (Carnival of Genealogy #90)

It is time to present the 2009 awards in the following categories for the iGene Awards. Jasia of Creative Gene fame is hosting the gala event.

Best Picture - Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2009. Tell us which you liked best and why. 
Best Screen Play - Which family story that you shared in 2009 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members? 
Best Documentary - Which was the best informational article you wrote about a place, thing, or event involving your family's history in 2009? 
Best Biography - Which was the best biographical article you wrote in 2009? 
Best Comedy - Which was the best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2009? 
 Without further ado, here are the researchergal nominations. 

 Best Picture goes to Love Family ca 1902. This photo is precious because it shows three generations on my maternal side. In the background is the house where my mother spent much of her time when she was growing up visiting her grandmother Love and great aunt Margaret. It was just across the lane. My grandfather Love is holding his youngest sister. My great grandparents Love and my great great grandparents Robinson are also in the photo.

Best Screen Play  goes to Black Sheep Canadian Ancestors  Key players in this drama would be my fourth great-grandfather and all his fellow travellers, William Berczy and Charles Williamson. The dramatic scene would be the riot. Who would play the characters? I do not know. I do not watch enough movies to name actors and actresses to play the roles. Who would you suggest?

Best Documentary goes to  a pair of carnival submissions about Summer Vacations - Sauble Beach and Manitoulin Island. I have fond memories of both places and I am pleased that I have photographs to illustrate that part of my life.
 

Best Biography goes to  My great Aunt Margaret. I chose this one because I am thankful for the family history information and the photographs she took that have enriched my understanding of the maternal side of the family.

 Best Comedy  goes to  the photo of two of my paternal uncles. They both have the mischevious twinkle in their eyes. "Okay, what mischief can we get into today?"

© 2010 Janet Iles

1 comment:

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.