Monday, September 21, 2009

Knox Church organ - a Military memorial

As some of my readers know, I have been researching the men affiliated with Knox Owen Sound who died in the Great War. The research started when several of us were given the task of having the church organ and the two plaques designated in the  Ministry of National Defence - Directorate of History and Heritage - Inventory of Military Memorials.

We received our designation several years ago, but the information had not been posted to the Ministry's site. I decided today to look again, as I am preparing for the concert this Sunday evening at 7 p.m. at the church. I will be MC and I want to say a few words about the organ and the men, in whose memory, the organ is dedicated.

I am very pleased to say that the church organ is now included in the Inventory. You may be interested in looking at this site for other memorials found across Canada.
© 2009 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.