Friday, March 13, 2009

St. Patrick's Day is Coming

Yes, I will wear something green that day, even though I have no Irish blood in me. There are no Irish parades or even any Irish pubs near me so those are not in my list of things to do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.


I won't even be at the Leprechaun Luncheon that day. Why? Because, I will be attending a meeting of Grey Presbytery in Markdale. I have to be there by 11:30 so that negates going in to eat with the first group at 11 a.m. I will ask for some stew and pie to be left for me.

In case, I have caught your attention concerning the Leprechaun Luncheon, here are the details.

The Leprechaun Luncheon is at Knox United Church, Owen Sound. (Although the Church has a Scottish heritage, it has been having the Leprechaun Luncheon as a fundraiser for many years.)
The beef stew is always delicious as we have good cooks. There are lots of choices at the pie table too.

Tickets are $10 and the meal will be served from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.

If you can attend, please tell them Janet sent you. Sorry, I won't be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.