Saturday, July 21, 2007

RSS and newsreaders

Well, I have set up 20 feeds for my Bloglines account. Setting up the Bloglines Account was not too difficult as the tutorial was helpful. To set each up, I went to some of the blogs I already had in my favourites, I copied the url to the Bloglines add dialogue box.

The advantage of having the RSS feeds going to Bloglines is there is one place to check if there are updates to Blogs. Until I set this up, I was going back regularly to some of my favourite sites to check to see if there is anything new.

So far I have added only four sites of co-workers but I am sure I will add more especially if any continue after this project is finished. The majority of my choices have been genealogy related. One that might be of interest to Reference Desk staff is ResearchBuzz -- News about search engines, databases, and other information collections and Librarians Interent Index. I have chosen also the Word a Day, Home section of the Toronto Star and the Library 2.0 project blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.