Sunday, October 16, 2016

House Histories: an upcoming presentation


When I wrote about the first house I lived in when I was a little girl, back in 2011I didn't  know that my parents didn't own the building. I learned that when I was preparing for a talk on house histories that I gave earlier this year at the library. 

The Google street view photo is showing 697 but 699 8th Street East is the correct address (the first house). The photo that is currently showing is the view of when the road was under construction. The work is now complete. If you go to the Google page, you can select a different year.

The talk on October 25th will encourage genealogists/family historians to do some house history research of their home(s) or that of an ancestor to enhance and put into context their family history. All are welcome to attend.

The house above is the Squire House in Derby Township of the Municipality of Georgian Bluffs, Ontario. 


© 2016 Janet Iles Print

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! As an architect, I love house histories. I, too, am giving a talk on house histories in a week--but in Indiana. Perhaps we can share notes some time should our paths cross! Good luck with your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill for visiting and commenting on my post. I don't have any special knowledge of architecture but I enjoy learning more about house and property history. It certainly adds interest to a family's story.

      Delete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.