Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories 2013 - Christmas Cards


Dec.2

Christmas Cards were always welcomed at our home. Sometimes they would be put on a table or on a television, or perhaps posted on the wall and sometimes on an iron Christmas tree for showing cards. My mother sent many cards to family and friends. She had a Christmas Card book that had the addresses with a place for check marks for those sent and received. It was interesting to see the changes of address as people moved or were married. It was sad to see a name stroked out due to their passing. 

I have kept some special cards that I received over the years. 

I look forward to receiving cards, especially where a Christmas letter is enclosed. I still need to make my list for this year.

Here is a Christmas card that my father sent to his parents when he was in Italy during the 2nd World War. 




The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! 
© 2013 Janet Iles Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.