Thursday, July 29, 2010

Carnival of Genealogy - Scrapbooking my parents' wedding photos




This month's theme is Scrapbooking your Family History.

I haven't done much scrapbooking. My first was a project several years ago for my sister-in-law's birthday.

Above are two pages. I have chosen to show photos and newspaper clippings about my parents' marriage in 1946. They were married at the church manse on a Wednesday afternoon. It was a small wedding. The newspaper clipping tells about the details of my mom's wedding dress and that of her attendant.

The first page was begun in a workshop and I finished it for the COG and the second page is a new creation. I could see doing several more pages to tell the story of how they met, when they got engaged, etc.

© 2010 Janet Iles

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Janet! Hopefully you enjoyed doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I had fun doing it. The title with the tiny lettering was a challenge though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and very cute. Looks like it was a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, A most romantic page for remembering a beautiful wedding. Your sister-in-law must have been delighted.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.