Saturday, January 23, 2010

Genea-Musings: Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Interests?

Genea-Musings: Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Interests?

Tonight's Saturday Night challenge from Randy Seaver is for us to talk about our interests outside of genealogy and blogging. Sometimes, it seems that all my time and energy are focused on genealogy related activities - my own research, research for others, blogging, etc.

I do enjoy reading although it is limited. I belong to a book club through our church. We read a variety of books. Discussions on the book are generally not in-depth discussions. Our hostess for the once a month gathering provides something delicious to eat.

I love the beauty of flowers as those who visit my blog know from the many photographs of flowers that I post here for Wordless Wednesday. I enjoy them in my garden but I must admit, I do not put much effort into maintaining my garden.

On television, I enjoy watching the decorating shows, Cityline and Breakfast Television.

Two years ago, I began to set aside about an hour a day to walk about five days a week. It has become a necessary part of my day. It gets  me away from the computer and it is good for my mental and physical well being. It is great to be able to walk indoors year round.

For over thirty years or perhaps it is closer to forty years, I have taught Sunday School to the youngest children.

Of course, my family is one of my great interests. My sister and brother and their children are so very special to me.


© 2010 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.