Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - my three favourite blogs

Randy Seaver challenged us as part of Saturday Night Genealogy to post our three favourite blogs. Family Tree Magazine has requested nominations for the sites we read the most. It is hard to say that one is better than another. I learn something from each one. I read a variety of different blogs. I like to read the Canadian genealogy blogs, but I am not limited to reading only those. I enjoy the ones that share the family stories. Here are the three that I have nominated so far.

Brenda at Brenda Dougall Merriman has been researching for many years and her posts talk about her ongoing research.  I enjoy her writing style. From time to time, she will write about camels or share family stories.

George at George Geder blog is a great storyteller. I also enjoy reading about his African-American roots. His stories are well illustrated with photos from his collection. George does a great job of restoring damaged photographs.

Diane at CanadaGenealogy or "Jane's your aunt"  provides news on genealogy in Canada on her blog. She shares her family treasures and participates in the various Carnivals telling her family's story.


© 2009 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.