Thursday, November 27, 2008

Olive Tree Genealogy Blog: Ontario Canada Voter's Lists 1867-1900 ONLINE

Olive Tree Genealogy Blog: Ontario Canada Voter's Lists 1867-1900 ONLINE

I discovered this blog article this morning concerning the addition of the Ontario Canada Voter's Lists to Ancestry.com.

I am not seeing this database yet on Ancestry.ca but I can search it through the link provided to Ancestry.com with my Ancestry.ca subscription.

I am not sure yet if there are more voter's lists to be added to the collection. There are no lists for Manitoulin Island townships and only Osprey Township within the County of Grey is listed.

For Markham Township, there are none for the early years listed for the database. The first I find the family is in 1896 and the family had been in the Township since 1794.

This new database is great. I hope there are more townships and years to come.

When I have more time, I will do the necessary searches and make note of the information provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.