Sunday, August 17, 2008

Genea-Blogger Group Games - Update

I've lost track of what day it is in the games, but we are just over the half-way point. Congratulations to all participants who are making great progress and achieving the medals you are striving for.

I just finished scanning 23 photos. Some of these are great photos that will make great prompts for upcoming articles. These were all photographs from Great Aunt Margaret Love's collection. Some were originally in albums; others were studio photographs and others I believe were taken by her. There are more to scan. Some that I scanned were taken from photocopies that I made 12 years ago when I had one of her albums in my possession for a short while. It was too bad I hadn't a scanner at the time. I am still hoping that the scanned copies will print out well.

One set of photos I received from a cousin who had them in her possession. She didn't want them. When she asked me if I wanted them, I did not hesitate to say yes. Included in the mailing was a beautiful photograph of my mother that I had never seen. I am so happy to have that photograph of her.

So here is my tally
Write, Write, Write - 1 task done - Bronze Medal
Organize your research - 2 tasks done - Silver Medal

Now what shall I do next? I will ponder that while I sit on the deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.