Saturday, April 26, 2008

Beaver Valley (beautiful year round)

Beaver Valley

When I think of the Beaver Valley in Ontario, Canada, I always think about the beautiful coloured leaves in the fall. In winter, people come to the area to ski. It is a beautiful area all year round. The Beaver Valley is in the eastern portion of Grey County.

I do not know much about its history. so I am looking forward to hearing Charles Garrad speak on the Beaver Valley and some history of Eastern Grey County. I hope he tells us how it got its name and the extent of the area that is considered the Beaver Valley.

Mr. Garrad will be speaking at the Grey County Historical Society Annual Dinner Meeting in Keady, Ontario at the Keady Community Centre. A full evening has been planned. At 5 p.m. people will gather for the social hour and silent auction. At 6 p.m., there will be a hot roast beef dinner prepared by the women of the Keady area. At 7:30, we will learn more about the Beaver Valley. Also planned for the evening, is a live auction and a very short business meeting. Tickets are to be purchased in advance ($20.00.) I have my ticket and my calendar is marked.

To see beautiful photos of the area and places to visit, check out some web sites I found. A search of Beaver Valley Ontario on Flickr brings up some beautiful photos. I wonder what the area was like many years ago?

Beaver Valley Accomodations

Photo Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.