Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let the blogging continue!

Blogging - 6 months later

Today marks my sixth anniversary as a blogger. This is my 95th post.

When I began on July 17, my first post was Let the blogging begin

For the first two and a half months, the majority of my posts were part of a Library 2.0 learning initiative. As a contract employee at the local public library, I was invited to be part of the learning adventure that had 23 assignments. We used our blogs to describe what we learned. After we completed the assignments, I decided to continue to post.

Why?

1. I enjoy it.

2. It gives me an excellent opportunity to practice and improve my writing skills.

3. It is a way to record some of the events of the past and present.

4. To share some of my genealogical and historical research findings.

5. To be a part of the community of genealogy bloggers.

During December, I enjoyed being a part of the Advent Calendar of Christmas memories carnival. I learned so much from the other posters. As well, it got me to thinking about Christmases past and to record my memories. The photographs that I found were great triggers for the memories.

Let the blogging continue!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the 6-month mark Janet. I enjoyed reading your posts for the Christmas Advent Calendar and have continued to follow your blog since. I plan to go back and read some of your previous posts. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov and Congratulations!! Six months go by rather quickly, no? I too enjoyed your ACCM posts and I'm glad you learned quite a bit.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becky and Thomas for your words of congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.