Saturday, November 10, 2007

Remembrance Day 2007 - In Grateful Remembrance

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day. As I am preparing a talk I am giving to our women's group at Knox on Monday, I thought I'd share several web sites that I find helpful and interesting concerning Canadian military history. These are only a few of the sites that I have bookmarked or added to del.icio.us

The Dominion Institute's site The Memory Project Digital Archives includes photographs and audio clips relating to some who served who have shared some of their memories.

The Canadian Virtual War Memorial

In Flanders Fields Museum

A new web site Bruce County Military History will be interesting for those who have a Bruce County connection.

During my talk, I will be focus on the men and their families and how they have been remembered in memorials. During the last two years, I have been researching 30 men who paid the supreme sacrifice -- 23 affiliated from Knox who died in the First World War and 7 who died in the Second World War. The names are listed here I hope to share some information about these individuals in future blogs.

I just received this link to a tribute to the fallen from Canada in Afghanistan so I have added this link to the video clip (about 11 minutes long)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.