I also began to create a spreadsheet. This was to create a to do list for my research project on soldiers. If I had a laptop with wireless capabilities, I could access this list when I was at the library doing my research. I could also update it as material was marked located or add new items as the search continued.
I tried several things with the Docs feature. I copied information that I had already on my computer. I then tried publishing this business information to a pdf file and also a Word file. My biggest problem was some of the formatting was not as I wanted it. (that was happening while editing it as well.) Generally, the process works well. It is better to type the article in one font and then to do the formatting.