Monday, August 6, 2007

Activity 17 - wikis - part two

I played in the sandbox and shared some favourites. With the wysiwyg interface, it is much easier to add information than it is for wikipedia. Wikipedia uses coding for different formats e.g. italics is done by putting single quotes around the title. I have never added information to wikipedia but I looked at a help file.

The pages were set up for us so that gave a start to the process. I had a bit of trouble adding the photo but in the end it worked out. I read the help file. I just needed to scroll down the page to get to the section I needed.

I added my favourites for a book, a place and food.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet,

    I once tried to edit a page in Wikipedia and found it to be quite un-user friendly. I gave up before I got anything posted. I should have gone to the help page like you did!

    Dale

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.