Monday, June 1, 2009

Good Earth Family Ties to the Land - 73rd Carnival of Genealogy

Although both my maternal and paternal sides of the family had ties to the earth, today's posting focuses on my great grandfather, George Iles. Although there is no mention of him working the land while he lived in England, his death registration lists him as a gardener.

After he came to Canada, the family moved several times, sometimes living in the town of Owen Sound and sometimes living in the country in either Sydenham or Derby Townships.



Son Albert is plowing the fields.
I believe this is a photograph of George and Albert Iles in March 1930. It looks like they are heading out to the fields. If anyone can help me with details in the photograph, I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.