Friday, December 26, 2008

Resolutions 2009 - How will I do? Check back in 365 days

The 63rd Carnival of Genealogy asks

New Year's Resolutions! What plans do you have for your genealogy research next year? How about for your blogging? No groaning or whining now. Write 'em up and let us know!

Goals have to be clear and specific with a plan of action. They need to be achievable. Last year I proposed a long list of things I wanted to achieve so I will review what I accomplished in a separate blog posting. I am going to make a shorter list this year.


My Genealogy Research for 2009


I resolve to
1. finish the soldiers project
2. spend one hour a week on cleaning up citations in my genealogy program
3. continue research on Emily Iles nee Pugh (write a blog article on Emily)
4. post at least two blog articles a week on this blog
5. post at least two blog articles a month on Graveyard Rabbit of Grey County Ontario.

I have not made a long list this year. Why? Because I think I will be busy with other related projects. I will be adding another web site as volunteer web master and chief writer of the blog for the Grey County Historical Society. I have two presentations coming up. In January - blogging for genealogists for the Bruce Grey Branch Ontario Genealogical Society and in March the place names of Grey County for the Grey County Historical Society. I have been asked to teach a family history course at night school at the end of April. In addition to my personal research, I will have client work to do.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who needs to do a little citation work around the house. Best wishes in 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.