Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Travel

December 11 - Holiday Travel

Did you travel anywhere for Christmas? How did you travel and who traveled with you? Do you remember any special trips?

Most years our family would stay close to home for Christmas. Occasionally we would travel to see friends but it would only be a day trip.
During my teen years, our family travelled several times to Florida - Naples, Fort Myers and Sannibel Island. We flew. It was fun to get away from the cold and snow. I didn't mind not having a white Christmas.
When I was little my paternal grandparents lived across the street. At some point on Christmas Day, we would walk across the street to visit. Quite often, some of my aunts, uncles and cousins would be there.
As an adult, I have gone twice to my sister's for Christmas. Back in 1978, she was expecting child #2 any day, so we packed up everything and headed there for Christmas (via car).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.