Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Christmas Tree - Past

December 1 - The Christmas Tree

Did you have a real tree or was it artificial? How big was the tree? Who decorated the tree?

When I was very young, we had a real tree and as a little child I am sure it looked big to me. From the pictures, I would likely say it was around 7 feet tall. The last real tree that I remember in our house was when I was a teenager. I recall taking it out and all the remaining needles were falling off, as the tree was pulled out the door. For many years, we had an artificial tree. I remember my dad being responsible for the lights and making sure that the icicles were hanging properly. As we got older, we helped with the trimming of the tree.

Christmas 1952 when Ted was a baby. Nancy is giving him a big hug and I am sitting beside them in front of the Christmas tree.

This is the Christmas tree from 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.