Monday, May 18, 2020

International Museum Day 2020

As I was waking up this morning, I thought this is International Museum Day what could I post about a museum that I had visited in another country. I thought of several that I had visited years ago now, but when I went to find photographs I couldn't find them. The ones that I know I like the best are those that focus on local history and have exhibits that portray a room or a scene related to their theme whether in miniature or full scale with artifacts. To me they tell better the story. 

I did find some from a trip in 2001. In September 2001, I took a trip with the Markham Berczy Settlers Association. On our first day in Germany, we had lunch at the Freilichtmuseum Mühlenhof in Münster (an open air museum). On the menu was Kartoffelsuppe (potato soup). Once our tummies were full, we had a chance to see a bit of this museum before continuing on our way. There are 30 buildings.



The boot sign on the building tells that it was a shoemaker's shop. At one time even in my home town had signs like that to indicate what type of shop it was.


This building must have been a chapel.



Bockwindmuhle Muhlenhof Freilichtmuseum
The sign with announcements.


A windmill


© 2020 Janet Iles Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.