Saturday, January 10, 2009

Who are you? I really want to know who came to the Quilting Bee.


This photo was taken on 8 August 1908 at R. R. #1 Mindemoya, Manitoulin, Ontario at the home of James Love. These women had come for the quilting bee.

Who are all in the photo? Which ones were relatives, if any. This photo is part of the collection of photos that were once owned by Margaret Love, my great aunt. I imagine she is the photographer (shadow at the right front of the photo) as I do not see her in the photo. There are several younger ones also in the photo. It is unusual for her not to identify some of the people in the photo.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Very few of them are looking at the camera. I wonder if that was because the sun was in their eyes? I'm sure would be a treasure to any of the descendants of these women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hadn't noticed that. Often when someone wants a picture taken it is when the sun is directly in your eye. My eyes water and I close them.

    Yes it would be wonderful if someone would recognize one of their ancestors. I have now posted this photo to the Manitoulin Island group on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.