Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Genealogical Research Goals 2008 (not my family)

In 2008, I want to put into a readable narrative my research on the soldiers from Knox who were killed in the 1st and 2nd World Wars. My goal is to have the material in some type of "published format" before Remembrance Day - November 11 2008.

I have been working on this project for almost two years. I began the research in connection with the restoration work of the church organ. The organ was a memorial to the men who had died in the First World War that had been affiliated with Knox. The organ has now been recognized as a military memorial. I will include in the printed information a section on the church organ. A list of the men are on the Church web site. I would like to know more about these men so I welcome contact from anyone who is connected with these families. Most of the research has been completed, although I would love to have photographs of the men.

In addition, I would like to write an article on the Markham Berczy Settlers to talk about what we can learn about them through various land records. I started on this research a couple of years ago but it is one I like to complete in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.