Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Twas the Night before Christmas


December 24 - Christmas Eve
How did you and your family spend Christmas Eve?
I don't remember what we did when I was young. I am sure we tuned into the radio to hear the report of Santa's status. We would likely be excited and have trouble falling to sleep.
In my teen years, I either went to church with my brother and his girl friend or went to one of the church's holding services on a rotation. As an adult, I remember going with my mother and father to our church. They were in the choir on Christmas Eve once they retired. If the weather was co-operative, we would go for a drive after the service and see the Christmas lights. Before the services became family oriented, I did a Christmas Eve movie with the children in the Sunday School hall.
I usually go to the Christmas Eve service at our church. It is a family service at 7:30 p.m. Several times, I have been invited to friends' place for Christmas cookies and a visit after the service.
To all, I wish a Merry Christmas and a time of creating new memories for you and yours.
In the language of my Germanic ancestors Fröhliche Weihnachten and in the Scots Gaelic of my Scottish ancestors Nollaig chridheil
In the languages of my immediate family Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad
This is the last posting in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories 2007 hosted by Thomas MacEntee. This has been fun. I have enjoyed being a part of this activity. Thank you to everyone for sharing your memories and visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.