Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Tree Ornaments

December 2 - Christmas Tree Ornaments

Did your family have heirloom or cherished ornaments? Did you ever string popcorn and cranberries? Did your family make ornaments?

Some favourite ornaments that I can remember were glass Christmas balls. I still have some of them. I do not recall stringing popcorn and cranberries at home.

The decorations that are special to me now are those that were made by my mother and her church group (before I became a member). As I add each one to the tree, I think about my mom and the other women who made them. They used to have lots of fun making them for the church bazaars. The bell-shaped ornaments with gold and white beads shine in the Christmas tree lights.

I have two painted and decoupaged eggs that were made by a library member years ago. The library before the popularity of craft shows began had "The Butcher, The Baker, The Candlestick maker Craft Show" as a fundraiser. It was at this event that I purchased these eggs.

I particularly like each of my angels. Any that can stand are now added to my crèche scenes when I don’t put up a tree. Some are added to the spiral tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.