1. I need to get organized and this applies not only to genealogy. So this is really my most important goal for the year and then once accomplished, I hope I can maintain it through the year. I am really good at getting started but I get so far and then other projects have my attention and organization doesn't happen.
I started to sort the genealogy related materials but there is so much still to be done. In non-genealogy matters, I did a major go through my clothes. Thanks to my sister's help, I gave away bags of clothes and I tossed some that weren't suitable for others to wear.
2. After all the sorting of the family information, before I file the material, I want to make sure that everything is entered in my family database with proper citations.
3. Get more people involved in the Historical Society project of mapping all the churches in Grey County.
The project is on hold.
4. Write some articles for the Grey County Historian.
I wrote about Influenza in Grey County during the post world war one flu epidemic. I became President of the Society, a year early so I wrote the note from the President for an issue.
5. The soldiers' project is still on the list but what I get done will depend on other projects that will be given a higher profile.
Nothing was done on this during the year.
6. Keep up with the blogging. I enjoy writing so I will have no problem in this area.
This I continued to do.
Not planned but happened.
- I write a short local history article (around 200 words) every 3 months for the "Viva Historica" column in our local newspaper. This a column done by the Society.
- I spent a week in Salt Lake City researching.
© 2010 Janet Iles