Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Carnival of Postcards - Locomotion on water

Treasure Island is an island within the island of Manitoulin Island in Northern Ontario. According to answers.com
Treasure Island in Lake Mindemoya on Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron is the "Largest island in a freshwater lake on an island in a freshwater lake in the world."

 Although, I have never travelled to Treasure Island, I do have  post cards and photographs in my collection of this island.

In 1948, my mother received a postcard from a friend who had stayed at the resort on Treasure Island. The photograph shows the means of transportation - thus my entry into this carnival of postcards on locomotion.

On the back note the 3 cent stamp and the incomplete address only giving the location not the house address. Note the comment in the upper right hand corner saying Betty had met someone who had gone to school with my mother.


The sign says

Welcome 
Treasure Island
How to get there. Ring bell.
Hoist flag. Watch for me
Turn signal flag. If no act
ion drive up to stone house
Fire shotgun. At night park
car facing island and flash lights.



© 2010 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.