Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent Calendar of Memories - Fruitcake

Did you like fruitcake? Did your family receive fruitcakes? Have you ever re-gifted fruitcake? Have you ever devised creative uses for fruitcake?




Sometimes your tastes change and you find that something that once you thought you didn't like, becomes a like. So far that hasn't happened with fruitcake. To be honest, I haven't tried it lately. so perhaps my opinion might have changed since 2007 when I wrote the following.

Fruitcake is a foe for me. It just doesn't appeal. Our family received fruitcakes and my mother made some but I didn't eat them.


If I were to receive any, I would graciously say thank you. I would likely offer the fruitcake for the coffee hour after church or I'd make my brown sugar sauce and warm the cake up and eat it like a pudding.


© 2009 Janet Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.