Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Blog, Another Website

The last little while, I have been busy with the creation of a new website and blog. I didn't do the design of the website but I was involved with a committee that worked on the content and concepts for the site. Dr. Steve Briggs donated his time and his expertise in website creation to bring our ideas together. The website is the Grey County Historical Society site. I will be the webmaster. The blog is Grey County Historical Society Blog.

Since, I started this blog, Janet the Researcher, I have been posting notices of meetings, etc. here but in future these announcements will be on the Society's blog. I will be the main contributor to the Society's blog.

So now I have four traditional websites that I manage --
Stiver/Stober family
Knox United Church, Owen Sound
Markham Berczy Settlers Association
Grey County Historical Society

I now have three blogs where I am the author --
Janet the Researcher
Graveyard Rabbit of Grey County, Ontario
Grey County Historical Society

I will need to use my time management skills to keep everything up to date and to remember to schedule breaks, to step away from the computer to do other things on my to do lists. You can get very absorbed with what you are doing on the computer whether it is writing an article or doing research. The time passes so quickly.

Now, it is time to step away from the computer for awhile. Oh, but first, I must check my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.