Tuesday, November 25, 2008

8 things about Janet

I've been tagged twice for the 8 things about Me meme by Lori Thornton of Smoky Mountain Historian and Linda in Lancaster.

The rules are as follows:
1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.3. A the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.

Okay here goes. It is hard to think of things about myself that I want to make public and I haven't shared already.

1. I don't dance. I have tried square dancing on a couple of occasions and I had fun. When I was a teen, I went once to the square dancing club as a guest. I didn't feel very welcome as I wasn't very good so I didn't go back.
2. I love leftovers.
3. Since January 1, 2008, I have walked over 2000 km or 1200 miles through daily activities and a walking program. It is paying off. [various pedometers give different counts so this is a rough estimate] Before then, I rarely would making a point of taking a walk for exercise reasons only.
4. I like to sing. I am not in a choir at present.
5. I have taught Sunday School for about 40 years. (mainly the little ones).
6. I have a basket of unmatched gloves. Where are their partners?
7. I have a pile of unmatched socks.
8. I love starting projects.
9. I love teaching. I enjoy teaching those who want to learn and make the effort to do so. [I only taught in the school system for 2 years.] Right now I am teach historical and genealogical research methodology and sources.
10. I don't often forward e-mail stories, etc. especially if it says that I have to send it to so many people in the next so many minutes. If I like the story, photos, etc. I often delete that part and send it only to those I think might enjoy them. This is not to say that I don't enjoy some of the stories photos, etc. that are sent to me because I do.

Now I should tag 8 more people. I don't know who has been tagged or not and I don't have the time to do this right now. So, if you haven't been tagged and you read this post and you want to write something, please go ahead and do so. I will enjoy learning about you when I read your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.