Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting to know me, getting to know all about Janet the Researcher

This posting is response to meme hosted by Terry Thornton Getting to Know Me over at Hill Country of Monroe County


Janet the Researcher (aka researchergal) is Janet Iles from Grey County, Ontario, Canada. Except for time away from the area for education - London Teachers' College in London (1 year), and Sheridan College in Oakville (2 years) and Trois-Pistoles French Immersion School (3 different summers 1968, 1969, 1983) and 1 year teaching French for the Central Algoma Board of Education, I have lived all my life in Grey County.


I only taught for two years. The rest of my working years were spent at the Owen Sound & North Grey Union Library aka Owen Sound Public Library. I provide research services through my business Janet Iles Consulting & Research Services.


My interest in genealogy grew out of helping people with their genealogy in the library. As I approached retirement, the opportunity arose to take online courses in genealogy through the National Institute for Genealogical Studies. I completed my Canadian Studies and earned my Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies. I am still taking courses from time to time.


I am active in the Markham Berczy Settlers Association and the Grey County Historical Society. I am also a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society and several branches.

My goals in writing this blog are to share some of my family stories and to talk about Grey County or other places and topics that interest me. I hope to use some of the articles in a family history.



A. brightest

It is the brightest as it includes not only research but remembrances about my mother.

B. breeziest (funny or sassy or provocative or sprightly -- breezy!)

I looked for fun family photos with us sporting our bathing suits.

C. most beautiful of your work

The photo essay about my paternal grandmother is my most beautiful to date.

I hope that readers will comment when they stop by to read, if they remember a place or activity that relates to the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.