Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Photo-sleuth posting on James Iles, Photographer & hairdresser

Brett Payne of New Zealand recently wrote an article about James Iles, hairdresser and photographer at his photo-sleuth blog. What an interesting combination of careers. A link from a posting in the Genea-blogger group of Facebook, led me to Brett's blog. When I saw the Iles name, I was of course eager to read the information.

I do not know if any of my Iles relatives ended up in New Zealand. I do have Mackenzie connections there.

If you are interested in photography and carte de visites, you may wish to check out Brett's blog. He gives information about the photographers and shows examples of their ads.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Janet. I don't know where James Iles was from, yet, I'm afraid. Early NZ is quite difficult to research ... in particular no census records have been preserved. However, if I do find out, I'll be sure to let you know. Cheers, Brett

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.